Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie.
You can cook Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie
- It’s 1-9 inch of deep dish pie crust.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Zest of 2 lemons.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice. *See note*.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter not margarine.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks (keep whites for meringue).
- It’s of Mile High Meringue:.
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Secret to no weep meringue:.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Note:.
- Prepare of I like mine slightly tart so I use 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Prepare of Use 1/4 cup or to your preference for sweeter or tangier filling.
Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie step by step
- Make your own 9 inch crust or use frozen. Bake at 350 until light golden brown. Cool completely..
- In heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved..
- Heat over medium heat,stirring often,until thick and bubbling slightly..
- Whisk egg yolks and add 3 spoons of hot thickened filling to temper eggs stirring constantly..
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and tempered eggs into thickened mixture and stirring constantly cook until mixture thickens more and bubbles slightly..
- Pour filling into pre baked crust. Set on wire rack to cool..
- Wash pan and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk..
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and cook until mixture thickens and starts to look like it is getting clear..
- Set aside to cool completely..
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the 4 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla..
- Beat to incorporate. Add the cooled mixture to egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form..
- Spread meringue over pie and with spoon slightly tap top and pull up to form small peaks..
- Brown in 350 degree oven until light brown..
- Cool completely and refrigerate covered in cake carrier so the meringue doesnt get messed up..
- Cool completely. I usually make mine a day ahead and let it chill overnight..
Thank you sister ulin for sharing How to Cook Perfect Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp