Cambozola and Mushroom Soup.
You can have Cambozola and Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cambozola and Mushroom Soup
- You need 1-1 oz. of packet assorted dried mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of crimini mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of cold water.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 100 g of cambozola, rind removed.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Cambozola and Mushroom Soup instructions
- Bloom the dried mushrooms in 2 cups warm water for 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and give them a quick rinse. Chop any large pieces into bite-sized chunks. Strain the blooming water (now mushroom broth) through a coffee filter to remove any sediment, and set it aside..
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add all the mushrooms. Fry until the water the mushrooms give off evaporates and they take on a bit of golden colour. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Stir the shallots and garlic into the pot and continue frying 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the brandy. Let cook until most of the brandy has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute to coat..
- Add the thyme, mushroom broth, chicken stock, and 2 cups cold water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Fish the thyme sprigs out of the pot. Break the cambozola into chunks and add it a little at a time to the pot, stirring to melt it in. Remove any big pieces of mold that float to the top; they'll turn rubbery. When all the cheese has melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cream to finish..
Thank you sister yani for sharing How to Make Perfect Cambozola and Mushroom Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp