Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. This pasta recipe by Gennaro really is the definition of quick Italian cooking.
The sauce is made with canned tuna fish, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and oregano/basil. This quick and comforting Creamy Tuna Pasta with Peas and Parmesan is a fast and easy weeknight dinner that only requires a few simple ingredients. The Pasta with Tuna recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! You can cook Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- It’s 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- You need of Pasta of choice.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- You need of Crushed red peppers (optional).
Judy Rodgers created the recipe as a way of saving leftover tuna on Sunday. I assume you do not What's below is her adaptation for canned tuna — good olive oil-packed tuna. Creamy Tuna Pasta with Peas and ParmesanBudget Bytes. Pasta with Tuna in Creamy Tomato SauceManila Spoon.
Pasta with Tuna step by step
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
Stir in the minced tuna and then the olives. Season with salt and remove from the heat while you Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water. When the pasta is a few minutes away from being finished. Tuna pasta is a true one-pot meal and the answer to your weeknight dinner needs. Put aside whatever ideas you have about canned tuna, or the words "tuna pasta" together, and let's talk about.
Thank you tante yuli for sharing Recipe: Yummy Pasta with Tuna, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp