Leeky Fish Pie. This is a wonderful winter warmer, a slight slant on the tradional cottage pie. Serve with seasonal vegetables & gravy for a real wholesome, filling meal. This recipe has been submitted by the Good. (A Hairy Bikers Recipe).
Creamy smoky fish under a blanket of comforting mash, and an endless number of variations. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. You can cook Leeky Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leeky Fish Pie
- It’s 1 kg. of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of large Smoked Cod Loins.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- It’s 500 mls of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of heaped Tablespoons Flour.
- You need 2 of Fish Stock Cubes.
- It’s 1 Cup of Peas (optional).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sweetcorn(optional).
- It’s 2 of large Leeks.
- You need 50 gram of tub grated Parmesan Cheese.
Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results – and it's economical! Fish pie, also known as fisherman's pie, is a traditional British dish. The pie is usually made with white, often smoked, fish (for example cod, haddock or halibut) in a white sauce or cheddar cheese sauce made using the milk the fish was poached in. This article is about the cooked version.
Leeky Fish Pie step by step
- Peel, dice and cook potatoes, for about 10-15 minutes, until just about cooked. Put to one side..
- Cut off dark tops from the leeks, rinse under the tap, then slice thinly into a baking tin..
- Wash fish under the tap, do not dry, but remove any bones. Wrap in a sheet of grease proof paper and microwave for just three minutes. Flake apart with a fork and add to tin.
- Add Peas and Sweetcorn, if using..
- Put the flour in a medium saucepan, put on a low heat and add the flour gradually, whisking all the time to remove any lumps..
- As the sauce heats, add crumbled stock cubes and butter and bring heat up to boil, then turn down to a simmer until the sauce thickens..
- Pour sauce over contents of tin, making sure everything is covered including edges and corners..
- Mash potatoes, with a little butter and milk, until smooth and creamy. Spread over contents of tin and mark with a fork..
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese evenly over the entire top. Heat in a medium oven, Gas 6, 220 F., for about 15-20 minutes until top is golden brown and smells very cheesy!.
For the raw version, see Raw fish pie. This delicious fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish. with a cheesy potato topping is a tasty dinner idea. Find healthy recipes at Tesco Real Food. Most fish pie recipes require pre-cooked fish, but a nicer way is to bake it from raw and invest in a bottle Meanwhile, cut the salmon and cod into bite-sized chunks and scatter in the pie dish with the. To the uninitiated, fish pie has an uninviting name and reputation.
Thank you sister linda for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Leeky Fish Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp