You can cook Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 can of whole plum tomatoes (32oz).
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orzo.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- It’s 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add tomatoes and use a spatula to break into pieces. Add bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Serve immediately..
Thank you tante ridha for sharing How to Make Appetizing Minestrone Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp