Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock.
You can have Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock
- Prepare 2 of Japanese Eggplant.
- It’s 150 mL (5 oz) of Dashi (please check my Dashi recipe).
- You need 4.5 tablespoon of Sake.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Grated ginger (optional).
- Prepare of Thinly cut scallion (optional) as much as you need.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sesame (optional).
Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock instructions
- Cut off the top of Eggplants, and cut in half length wise.
- Make thin slits on skin side (2 mm apart on each slits), and soak in water for 5~10 minutes..
- Mix all the ingredients except Eggplants in a small pan, and heat until before it comes to boil..
- Add Eggplants to 3 (skin side down), and cook for 5 minutes..
- Flip the Eggplants, then cook until tender (5~7 minutes)..
- Plate the Eggplants, and pour the dashi over it..
- Garnish with grated ginger, thinly cut (like needle thin) scallion, and/or sesame..
Thank you tante diah for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp