Ultimate Seafood Gumbo.
You can have Ultimate Seafood Gumbo using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Seafood Gumbo
- It’s 1 of ham hock.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen okra, chopped.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 2 large of onions, chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, smashed, left whole.
- It’s 1 big can of whole tomatoes.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground mace.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of gumbo file.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 lb of peeled, raw shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of crab meat.
- Prepare 13 1/2 oz of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked rice.
Ultimate Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Place the ham hock and water in a stock pot and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the ham hock to cool, reserving the liquid..
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat..
- Cook the okra until the gooey strings no longer appear as you stir. Add the bell pepper, onion, parsley, celery, and garlic and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and discard. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes..
- Remove the meat from the ham hock and add it to the stock pot. Place the veggies and bay leaves in the pot and cook on medium-low to medium for 3hrs..
- Add the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Add the shrimp and sausage 30 minutes before serving. Add the crab meat 10 minutes before serving..
- Taste. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve with rice. If u like it thicker, add a little corn starch to the to a scoop of the stock, mix it, and return to the pot..
Thank you mother ulin for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Ultimate Seafood Gumbo, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp