Potato and Leek Soup.
You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- Prepare 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Potato and Leek Soup instructions
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
Thank you tante wati for sharing How to Cook Yummy Potato and Leek Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp