Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 100 grams (1 cup) of dry puy or green lentils.
- Prepare 600 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 4 of red bell peppers, deseeded & chopped.
- You need 1 of cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of basil.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of grated cheese – I use 'Violife', a vegan & soy-free brand.
Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onions over a medium-low heat until almost translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute or two before stirring in the dried lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down and let simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and have absorbed mostly all of the stock.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and lightly grease a 9"x 13" casserole dish.
- Mix the peppers, apple chopped tomatoes and basil into the lentils and season with a shake of salt & pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top with as much or as little cheese as you like.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving with a side salad or some crusty bread.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp