You can have Shepherds Pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare of Shepherds Meat.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh peas.
- Prepare of Cheesey Mashed Tater Topping.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 5 lbs of Idaho taters.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sharp chedder.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Shepherds Pie step by step
- Pie Meat: Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions until tender about 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste, then the ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix in peas. Transfer mixture to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly..
- Cheesey Taters: Fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook until soft about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are at a desired density, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan for mashing. Add butter and sour cream and begin to mash potatoes into a semi smooth consistency. Once at desired texture season with salt and pepper..
- Place mashed potato on top of ground beef mixture and spread out evenly, once the top surface has been covered, rake through with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook until browned about 20 minutes. Spoon out the shepherd's pie sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve..
Thank you mother sri for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Shepherds Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp