Dairy-Free Potato Bake. This Dairy Free Herbed Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a great example of that. Since it is lower in fat, that can give you lots of comfort too. Dairy Free Herbed Scalloped Potatoes is covered with a homemade creamy white sauce and baked in a casserole.
Giving up creamy soups was something I did not want to do when we went dairy free. There's nothing I used to crave more than cheesy broccoli soup on a cold day. Easy dairy free potato soup recipe is perfect comfort food, especially on those cold winter days. You can cook Dairy-Free Potato Bake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dairy-Free Potato Bake
- It’s 8-10 of small potatoes.
- You need 2 of heaped tablespoons dairy free marg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of gf flour (or plain flour).
- Prepare 400 mls of or so of almond milk (or milk).
- It’s 50 g of vegan cheese (or cheddar).
- It’s of Nutmeg, grated.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Warm up with this easy dairy free meal! Vegan potato casseroles are perfect for family dinners! Just throw everything into a casserole dish and bake for a tasty, filling, and easy entrée! This Cheesy Potato Casserole With Cream of Celery Soup by Chris Bartis is made from hash browns, a bit of the cream of celery soup, dairy-free créme fraiche.
Dairy-Free Potato Bake instructions
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Set to one side..
- In a saucepan, melt the marg then add the flour, stirring to soak up the marg. If the roux is quite wet, add a little more flour until it looks like the photo below..
- Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously after each addition to ensure no lumps. After you’ve added about half the milk, turn the heat up and bring it to a boil. As the sauce thickens, whisk with a balloon whisk to stop it clumping..
- When the sauce has thickened, add the rest of the liquid until you have a sauce of pouring consistency. Let it come up to the boil again and stir while it bubbles for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and add the cheese. Add nutmeg and seasoning to taste..
- Lightly grease a baking dish, then layer up your potatoes into the dish..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top, cover with foil and bake at 160 C for 1 hour. Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 200 C and let the bake brown for about 20 mins. Check the potatoes are cooked through before serving..
View top rated Dairy potato bake recipes with ratings and reviews. Bacon And Baked Potato Soup, Baked Potatoes Florentine, Baked Potatoes With Creamy Cucumber Sauce, etc. dairy-free. Russet potatoes: Technically, you can make baked potatoes with any type of potatoes. Dairy-free Potato Soup- a simple and wholesome plant-based version of a classic potato soup. Mirepoix: The base of the soup starts with a simple combination of finely chopped onion, celery and carrots along with minced garlic.
Thank you tante yuni for sharing How to Cook Perfect Dairy-Free Potato Bake, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp