Mattar Paneer. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry. Matar paneer is one of India's most popular paneer dishes. In most Indian homes, it is made during winters when fresh peas are in season.
This is a simple and easy recipe for matar paneer. this recipe is not a restaurant style but a simple homemade dish. The kinds which make for a homely comforting meal. I have also shared spicy dhaba style matar paneer which tastes awesome. You can have Mattar Paneer using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mattar Paneer
- You need of For the gravy.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- You need of For finishing the sabzi.
- You need of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- It’s 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- You need 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
I learned to make mutter paneer first time at my in-laws' place. This is a classic Punjabi recipe that we make. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. It is often served with rice and an Indian type of bread (naan, paratha, poori, or roti depending on region).
Mattar Paneer instructions
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
Various other ingredients are often added, such as "aloo" (potato), corn. Matar Paneer Recipe, Learn how to make Matar Paneer (absolutely delicious recipe of Matar Paneer ingredients and cooking method) About Matar Paneer Recipe Easy Matar Paneer Recipe: An everyday dish of cottage cheese and peas mingled in a rich, tomato gravy. Matar Paneer is a dish from India, made more often in North Indian homes in dinner menu or even for lunch. Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy.
Thank you tante sri for sharing Recipe: Delicious Mattar Paneer, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp